From this guide, you could download and install various versions of Google Camera GCam as well as their XML config files for your Nothing phone 1. This latest offering from the former OnPlus CEO managed to grab the attention of the masses for quite a few reasons. However, it’s safe to bet that camera wasn’t one of them. The camera performance could be categorized as decent at the very max. On paper, you do get two rear 50MP lenses, but the numbers never paint the complete picture.
Fortunately, thanks to great work from various developers, you now have the option to import the Google camera app from the Pixel devices onto your Nothing phone. Thanks to some software and computational tweaks under the hood, you will definitely witness some major improvements in the camera department. Apart from that, there will be a slew of new feature addition as well. So on that note, let’s take a sneak peek at some of the new features that your device is about to be blessed with.
Google Camera GCam for Nothing Phone 1: New Features
- HDR+ with Exposure and White Balance Controls
- Top Shot
- Night Sight
- Super Res Zoom
- Long Shot
- Motion Photos
- Pixel Visual/Neural Core.
- Motion Photos.
- Video Stabilization.
- Super Res Zoom.
- Top Shot.
- And many more
Download Google Camera GCam and Config XML for Nothing Phone 1
Do keep in mind that while all the below-listed Google Camera GCam ports are supported on Nothing Phone 1 but there is no single perfect or best one. You will have to try out each of these mods and then see which one works best for you.
MGC_8.4.600_A10_V13 by BSG: MGC_8.4.600_A10_V13 Configuration XML File: Download Link MGC_8.5.300_A10_V6 by BSG: MGC_8.5.300_A10_V6 Configuration XML File: Download Link MGC_8.5.300_A10_V2 by BSG: MGC_8.5.300_A10_V2_MGC.apk Configuration XML File: Download Link AGC8.4.300_V9.1 by BigKaka: AGC8.4.300_V9.1
How to Install Google Camera GCam using Config XML on Nothing Phone 1
- To begin with, download the desired version of GCam and its config XML file onto your device.
- Then install the camera APK file [enable Installation from Unknown sources, if required].
- Once installed, launch GCam and grant it the necessary permissions.
- Now double tap on the black region next to the capture button.
- Then navigate to the downloaded XML file and select it. That’s it.
- The camera will now restart with the best settings imported from the XML file.
So these were the steps to download and install various versions of Google Camera GCam as well as their XML config files for your Nothing phone 1. Do let us know which GCam version you ultimately decided to settle to. Likewise, if you have any queries, then do drop them in the comments section below.
- System Update Missing from Settings in Nothing Phone 1 [Fixed]
- Install OTA Updates and Firmware via ADB Sideload in Nothing Phone 1
- How to Pass SafetyNet in Rooted Nothing Phone 1
- How to Install OTA Update on Rooted Nothing Phone 1