In this guide, we will show you the steps to downgrade or rollback your Huawei device from EMUI 11 to EMUI 10. The latest iteration of the OS build has bought in a plethora of goodies for the end-users. New Artistic Themes and AOD designs, Long-take
Animations, Floating and Resizable Windows, Story Creator, and Super Notepad are just some of the noteworthy ones. However, this is just one side of the coin.
For some, the degradation doesn’t translate to a good user experience. The inability of the device to adapt to this OS, the lack of support for some apps, and the overall device instability are just some of the reasons why users are looking for the rollback. So if you have also installed the latest OS, but wishes to revert your decision, then this guide shall help you out. Given here are the detailed instructions to downgrade or rollback a Huawei device from EMUI 11 to EMUI 10.
How to Downgrade/Rollback Huawei from EMUI 11 to EMUI 10
Before proceeding with the below steps, make sure to take a complete device backup. This is because all the data on your device would be wiped off on performing a downgrade. So taking backup beforehand is a must. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Download HiSuite
First and foremost, download and install the latest version of HiSuite onto your PC. We will be using this tool to downgrade or rollback Huawei devices from EMUI 11 to EMUI 10.
STEP 2: Enable Allow HiSuite to use HDB on Huawei Device
After that, you will have to enable the HDB Connection on your device. For that, go to Settings > Security > More settings > Enable the Allow HiSuite to use HDB option.
STEP 3: Connect Huawei Device to PC
- Once that is done, connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Click on the USB button situated at the extreme right.
- It will now ask for a verification code. Open the HiSuite app on your device and note down the code that it displays.
- Type in that code in the HiSuite app opened on your PC and hit Connect.
- Once the connection has been established, it will show your device on the HiSuite app on your PC. You may now proceed to the next step to downgrade or rollback your Huawei device from EMUI 11 to EMUI 10.
STEP 4: Downgrade Huawei from EMUI 11 to EMUI 10
- Click on the Update button and you would be notified that you’re using the latest official version.
- At this point, click on the Switch to Other Versions option.
- The app shall automatically bring up the Downgrade package, you just need to click on Restore.
- You will now get a confirmation dialog box, click Continue. After that, Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- That’s it, the downgrade package will now be downloaded and installed onto your device.
- Once done, you shall be notified of the same via the Update is Complete message. Likewise, your device will now automatically boot to the downgraded OS.
So with this, we conclude the guide on how to downgrade or rollback your Huawei device from EMUI 11 to EMUI 10. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest. Read Next: How to Fix Notifications Issues on GMS Huawei.