In this guide, we will show you the steps to downgrade your OnePlus Nord CE 2 from Android 12 [OxygenOS 12] to Android 11 [OxygenOS 11]. It’s hard to recall a brand that has disintegrated itself in such a manner. What is even more intriguing to note is the fact that the reason for its downfall is right in front of their eyes, and yet they are doing ‘Nothing’ to stop it.
On the contrary, they are only digging the grave for themselves and making it deeper with each passing day. As if the incorporation of ColorOS into OxygenOS wasn’t enough, it is now gone to the extent of even copying the hardware aspects. And there’s no one to better cement this statement than the Nord CE 2 users [for the unaware, this device is a near-carbon copy of Oppo Reno 7].
However, let’s keep that aside and focus on the optimistic side for the time being. At the time of writing, the device has been blessed with the twelfth iteration of the OS. However, it is still in the beta stage and a few bugs and issues are along the expected lines. And that is indeed the case, as highlighted by OnePlus, you are likely to face the following issues:
- The time displays on AOD abnormally.
- No location information in the video details.
- The sound might not play when connected to a wireless earphone in the App cloner version of WhatsApp.
Apart from that, there might be undocumented performance issues, system instability, and apps incompatibility So if all these bugs are way too much to deal with or the revamped OxygenOS is not in sync with your liking, then you could downgrade your OnePlus Nord CE 2 from Android 12 to Android 11. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. Follow along.
Downgrade OnePlus Nord CE 2 from Android 12 to Android 11
The method listed below will wipe off all the data from your device. So take a complete device backup beforehand. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below methods.
STEP 1: Download OnePlus Nord CE 2 Downgrade Firmware
- First off, get hold of the rollback firmware for your device from below:
INDIAN VERSION: oplus_ota_downgrade_Rollback.zip EU VERSION: oplus_ota_downgrade_Rollback_EEA.zip GLOBAL VERSION: oplus_ota_downgrade_Rollback_GLO.zip
- Once downloaded, transfer the file to your device’s Internal storage [but not inside any folder].
- The name of the Indian firmware will be oplus_ota_downgrade_Rollback.zip. So delete the _Rollback from the end, so that the name becomes oplus_ota_downgrade.zip.
- Likewise, delete _Rollback_EEA from the end of the EU Version firmware. On the other hand, delete _Rollback_GLO from the end of the Global Version firmware.
STEP 2: Downgrade OnePlus Nord CE 2 from Android 12 to Android 11
- To begin with, head over to Settings > About Device > Version.
- Then tap on the Build Number 7 times. This will enable Developer Mode.
- After that, go to Settings -> About device -> Software update.
- Then tap on the overflow icon situated at the top right and select Local Install.
- Now select the rollback firmware and tap on Extract. Then tap on Upgrade.
- The downgrade process will now begin. Once done, hit Restart.
- That’s it. Your device will now boot to the Android 11 OS.
So these were the steps to downgrade your OnePlus Nord CE 2 from Android 12 to Android 11. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
Can I Downgrade OnePlus Nord CE 2 using MSM Download Tool?
Unfortunately, no. This is because MSM Download Tool is only for OnePlus devices that come with Qualcomm chipset [This is because only Qualcomm devices come with a secondary download mode, also known as Emergency Download Mode]. But since your device comes with a MediaTek chipset, you wouldn’t be able to use this tool [due to lack of EDL Mode].
- How to Enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on any OnePlus Device
- Enable Call Recorder on any OnePlus Device
- Enable and Use ADB Commands in OnePlus Stock Recovery
- How to Enable Factory Mode in any OnePlus Device