In this guide, we will make you aware of the reason as well as the workaround to fix the issue of Discord sending random images instead of copied ones. When it comes to VoIP and instant messaging social, then Discord has firmly established itself as one of the [or debatably the best] players in this domain. However, in spite of all the goodies that it beholds, it occasionally gets bugged with an issue or two. And the latest one has given a major scare to the users.
Many have voiced their concern that instead of sending the image that they have copied over to the clipboard, Discord is sending a random image from their camera roll [or one of the old images that they had copied earlier for some other purpose]. Since the gallery beholds personal memories, it could prove to be a significant privacy invasion for the sender. Fortunately, there does exist a workaround that should help you rectify this bug. So without further ado, let’s check it out.
Fix Discord sending random images instead of the copied one
First off, let’s ease out the tension in the room- this is just a UI bug and nothing major to worry about as such. The image that you had copied and intended to send has actually been sent to the receiver. However, on your end, Discord is erroneously showing you an incorrect preview of any other random image. So while it’s not that much of a risk, still it needs to be addressed at the earliest. For that, you just need to delete the temporary data of this app, as shown below:
- Head over to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
- Then select Discord and tap on Offload App.
- This should have rectified the underlying issue.
- Head over to Settings > Apps > See All Apps > select Discord.
- Then go to its Storage and Cache section and tap on Delete Cache.
- Now launch the app and the underlying issue stands rectified.
That’s it. These were the steps to fix the issue of Discord sending random images instead of copied ones. As far as the official stance on this matter is concerned, the developers are aware of this issue, but they haven’t given out any ETA for the rollout of a fix. As and when that happens, we will update this guide accordingly. In the meantime, the aforementioned workarounds are your best bet.
- Discord Channels Missing: No Text Channels error: How to Fix
- Discord bug automatically convert emoticons into emojis [Fix]
- How to Enable Voice Message in Discord right away
- Discord Video Call No Route/Disconnected Error [Fixed]