In this guide, we will show you the steps to disable system notifications on your Android device. There are some aspects of a smartphone that stands right there at the top of the pecking order but doesn’t get the appreciation it deserves. Notifications surely fall into that domain. It is hard to imagine how difficult would our task have been if it weren’t for these handy popups. But in some instances, they could be a little bit hard to digest and rather end up infuriating the end-users.
These notifications could be broadly categorized into two segments. The first one is from the user-installed apps such as WhatsApp, Facebook, and the likes. On the other hand, the next set compromises of system notifications. Some of the most common ones in the latter segment could be the notification of the “battery is fully charged”, the “screenshot taken“, the “update is ready to be installed“, and the likes. And it is this second set of notifications that is generally a cause of the problem.
While you could easily disable or turn off the notifications from WhatsApp, Instagram, and the likes, the same isn’t possible for system-level prompts. But even then there does exist a handy way to disable these system notifications on your Android device. The option is baked so deep inside the device’s settings menu that it might take ages for some to find this option. But fret not, this guide is here to help you out. Given here are the detailed instructions along with the required screenshots that shall help you achieve this task. Follow along.
- Your device is continuously recording all your talks, here’s the proof!
- Were Google Servers Hacked that Day?
- How to Restore an Old WhatsApp Chats Backup
- Send Fake Live Location on WhatsApp
How to Disable System Notifications on Android
The best part about this is the fact that you don’t need to take the help of a third-party app. No matter which device you own, this option shall be present on your device. In other words, the below instructions are applicable across all OEMs. So without further ado, let’s get on with the steps to disable the system notifications on your Android device.
- To begin with, head over to the Settings page on your device.
- Within that, scroll to the Apps and Notifications section.
- Then tap on See all xxx apps (where xxx is the number of apps installed).
- You will be taken to the App Info page, which by default will only display the user-installed apps.
- To make it display the system-level apps as well, tap on the overflow icon situated at the top right and select Show system.
- This will bring up the system apps as well. Scroll to the System UI app and tap on it.
- Now go to its Notification section.
- Finally, disable the toggle next to the system notifications that you don’t wish to receive. That’s it.
So with this, we conclude this guide on how to disable the system notifications on your Android device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. Along the same lines, if you have any other queries related to your Android device, keep us aware via the comments section. We will get back to you at the earliest.
- How to Take Screenshots in Restricted Apps on Android
- Replace Reels with the Search bar on Instagram
- How to Get a Temporary Blue Tick on Instagram
- Could You Change your Instagram Name Twice within 14 Days?