In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the issue of COD Black Ops Cold War crashing with error code 0xc0000005. This sixth iteration in the Call of Duty Blck Ops series is among the most popular ones in this franchise. Its intriguing missions impressive graphics, plus campaign and multiplayer were highly appreciated. However, on the flip side though, it isn’t free from its fair share of issues either.
As of now, numerous PC users on Battle.net have voiced their concern that the COD Black Ops Cold War is crashing with a black screen and the error code 0xc0000005. Along with that, they get an accompanying error message that says “Trying a Scan and Repair might resolve the issue”. However, trying that out isn’t doing any good. With that said, there does exist a nifty workaround that might help you resolve this bug. So without further ado, let’s check them out.
Fix COD Black Ops Cold War crashing with Error Code 0xc0000005
- Launch File Explorer and head over to the game’s data folder.
- Then delete all the IDX and EXE files present in the folder.
- Now launch the Battle.net app and select COD Black Ops Cold War.
- Then click on the settings icon next to Play and select Scan and Repair.
- Finally, click on Begin Scan and wait for the process to finish. That’s it.
Although you have only deleted a few MBs of files but the Battle.net app will download near about all the game files amounting close to 40GB. Once the process is complete, it should fix the issue of COD Black Ops Cold War crashing with error code 0xc0000005.
As far as the official stance on this matter is concerned, the developers are aware of this issue, but they haven’t given out any ETA for the rollout of a fix. As and when that happens, we will update this guide accordingly [UPDATE: Fix released]. In the meantime, the aforementioned workarounds are your best bet.
- How to Fix Call of Duty Warzone Dev Error 5573
- COD Modern Warfare Multiplayer Missing Data Pack Error [Fixed]
- COD Warzone False Prospector camo not working [Fixed]
- COD Vanguard Zombies Mode: Weapons not loading [Fix]