In this guide, we will show you various methods to fix the issue of being unable to use Google Apps on your Huawei device via LightHouse. Ever since the OEM has been restricted to using Google Mobile Service, its popularity has dwindled down considerably. While there do exist alternatives to Google apps that you could sideload, but let’s be honest, a device without Google apps, services, and frameworks might not even meet your daily prerequisites in the first place.
To overcome this limitation, there have been numerous mods and tweaks in the past that will help you get this job done. The latest and the most popular one is LightHouse which is giving quite a tough time to the users. Many of them have voiced their concern that they are unable to use Google Apps on their Huawei device via LightHouse. if you are also on the same page, then this guide will make you aware of a nifty workaround to rectify this issue. Follow along.
Fix Cannot use Google Apps on Huawei via LightHouse
It is recommended that you try out each of the below-mentioned workarounds and then see which one spells out success. So with that in mind, let’s get started.
Verify Device Compatibility
First off, you should double-check that Lighthouse is supported on your Huawei device. Given below is the list of all such devices, make sure your device falls in this compatibility list, or else the app will not work on your device.
Mate 50 series & nova 10 series, nova Y90, nova Y70, Mate Xs 2, Nova 9, nova 9SE, P50/P50 Pro/P50 pocket, nova8i, P40/P40 Pro/P40 Pro Plus, Mate 40Pro, nova 7, nova 7i, nova 7SE, Mate 30 series, Matepad 11, Matepad Pro11, Matepad 10.4, Matepad Pro 12.6, Matepad SE.
Update LightHouse and LightHouse EX
Next up, make sure you are running the latest version of both LightHouse and LightHouse EX. If that is not the case, update both these apps from the App Gallery and then check if you are able to use Google Apps on your Huawei device via LightHouse.
You should also be running the latest OS version. In this regard, you could grab hold of the latest update by heading over to Settings > System & updates > Software Update.
Change AppGallery region to Malaysia
- At the time of writing, Malaysia is probably the only region where the app is running without any issues.
- So open AppGallery > Me > Settings > Country/Region and change the region to Malaysia.
- Then check if you are able to use Google Apps on your Huawei device via LightHouse.
if none of the aforementioned methods spelled out success, then your last course of action should be to uninstall the app and then reinstall its latest version. here’s how it could be done:
- To begin with, LaunchAppGallery and go to Me > Installation Manager > Installed.
- Now search “google mobile services”, “Google Services Framework” and “Micro G”.
- Then uninstall all those apps. Once done, reinstall LightHouse and LightHouse EX.
That’s it. These were the four different methods that should help you fix the issue of being unable to use Google Apps on your Huawei device via LightHouse. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Install Google GMS on any Huawei Device
- Fix Huawei: This Device Isn’t Play Protect Certified Error
- Debloat/Remove Bloatware from Huawei via ADB [No Root]
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Devices via Brute Force
- Huawei: Get Notifications without Disabling Google Service Framework