In this guide, we will show you various methods to fix the issue of being unable to pair Galaxy Watch 4/5 with OnePlus running ColorOS. The latest addition to Samsung’s smartwatch family brings a slew of intriguing features to the table. These include a bigger battery, faster charging, the addition of the body temperature sensor, and the sapphire crystal display for the Pro variant. However, as of late, it is giving out a tough time to users who have a phone with an underlying Chinese OS skin.
In this regard, recently, we reported about Xioami, Redmi, and Poco users were unable to pair their watches with MIUI. And now, OnePlus and Oppo are echoing the same thought. Many ColorOS users have voiced their concern that they are unable to pair Galaxy Watch 4/5 with their OnePlus phones. If you are also in the same boat, then this guide will make you aware of numerous nifty workarounds to rectify this issue. Follow along.
Fix Cannot Pair Galaxy Watch 4/5 with OnePlus ColorOS
It is recommended that you try out each of the below-mentioned workarounds and then see which one spells out success for you. So with that in mind, let’s get started.
FIX 1: Install Wearable App & Watch 5 Plugin
First and foremost, make sure you have both the Galaxy Wearable app and the Galaxy Watch 5 plugin installed. Simply having the app wouldn’t do any good. [NOTE: Watch 5 plugin doesn’t have any UI as such, it acts as backend support for the Wearable app]. If you already have both of these apps and are still facing this issue, then please move over to our next fix.
FIX 2: Use the Chinese Wear OS app
Instead of using the generic/Global version of the Wear OS app, you should install its Chinese version [download link]. Then try the pairing process with the watch. Once that is done, minimize this app and launch the Galaxy Wearable app. Then again try pairing your Galaxy Watch 4/5 with your OnePlus ColorOS device and check if the issue has been fixed or not.
FIX 3: Using Samsung Health App
- To begin with, download and install the following three apps from Play Store.
- Then download and install the Chinese version of Wear OS from a third-party site.
- Now restart your watch. Then launch the Samsung Health app.
- Click on the overflow icon present at the top right and select Settings.
- Then select Accessories > select your watch from the list and proceed with the on-screen instructions.
- Now launch the Samsung Gear and check if your Galaxy Watch 4/5 gets paired with your OnePlus ColorOS device.
FIX 4: Remove Network and Battery Restrictions
Next up, you should verify that there are no battery and/or internet restrictions imposed on any of these four apps. This is because these apps need to run continuously in the background in a non-restrictive environment [till your watch is paried]. So if you placed any background limitations related to battery or network, then please remove them right away and then check if it fixes the issue of Galaxy Watch 4/5 not being paired with your OnePlus ColorOS device.
FIX 5: Install Watch 5 Plugin using Samsung Health
- To begin with, install the following three apps
- As of now, do not install the Watch 5 Plugin. If you already have it installed, then please uninstall it before moving ahead.
- Then launch the Samsung Health app and try the pairing process using it.
- This will launch the Wearable app which should then download the Watch 5 plugin.
- Now try pairing your Galaxy Watch 4/5 with your OnePlus ColorOS device and check out the results.
FIX 6: Using Safe Mode
- Long press the power button to bring up the Power menu.
- Then long tap on Restart to bring up the Safe Mode pop-up. Tap on OK.
- Your device will boot to Safe Mode. Now try out the pairing process.
- After that, restart your device to normal mode and restart your watch as well.
- Now launch the Wear app and your Galaxy Watch 4/5 should get paired with your OnePlus ColorOS device.
FIX 7: Avoid Play Store
- To begin with, uninstall all the watch-related apps that you have on your device.
- These include the likes of the Wearable app, Watch 5 plugin/manager, Samsung Health, and Wear OS app.
- Now download and install all these four apps from a trusted third-party site [linked above].
- Once done, launch the Wearable app and proceed with the on-screen instructions to add a new watch.
- The WearOS app/plugin should now automatically get installed as well.
- Once that happens, retry the pairing process and check out the results.
FIX 8: Switch to ColorOS Stable
If you are currently on the Closed/Open Beta build of ColorOS, then we would recommend you leave the beta test group and switch over to the stable version. This is because some users did have trouble pairing their Galaxy Watch 4/5 with their OnePlus device running ColorOS when they were using the Beta build. So switch over to Stable build either via the package provided by OnePlus or use the MSM Download Tool/Oppo Flash Tool to get this job done.
FIX 9: Reset Device
If none of the aforementioned methods spelled out success, then your [second] last course of action should be to reset your device to the factory default state. Doing so usually fixes most of the underlying issues and might well work out in this scenario as well. So take a complete device backup beforehand and then head over to the device’s Settings menu to perform a reset. Once done, set up your device and then try pairing your watch. Check if it works out for you or not.
- To begin with, head over to Settings > System Settings.
- Then go to Back up and Reset and tap on Reset Phone.
- Finally, tap on Erase All Data > Erase Data and wait for the reset to complete.
- Once done, set up your device and the underlying issue should be rectified.
That’s it. These were the various different methods that shall help you fix the issue of being unable to pair your Galaxy Watch 4/5 with your OnePlus ColorOS device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Galaxy Watch 4: This watch isn’t supported on this phone [Fix]
- Samsung Galaxy Wearable app Check your network connection [Fixed]
- Cannot Pair Galaxy Watch 4 with a New Phone: How to Fix
- How to Sideload Apps on Samsung Galaxy Watch Wear OS