In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the issue of being unable to open images in Twitter DM. When it comes to micro-blogging services, then Twitter has established itself as the absolute best in this domain. However, it is going through quite a rough patch over the past few months, not only at the corporate level but also from the daily usage perspective.
In this regard, numerous users have reported that they are unable to open any images in DM on the Twitter app. While they could view the image preview but that’s the most that could be done, once they tap on that image to view it, it just refuses to open. If you are also in the same boat, then this guide will make you aware of a nifty workaround to rectify this bug. Follow along.
Fix Cannot Open Images in Twitter DM
As of now, the only workaround that is spelling out success for the users involves downgrading the Twitter app to an older stable version. So do give it a try using the below-listed steps and then check out the results.
- Head over to Settings > Apps > Show All Apps > Twitter.
- Then tap on Uninstall > OK in the confirmation prompt.
- Now go to APK Mirror and download an older version of Twitter [belonging to 2022].
- This is a split APK bundle, so install the APK Mirror Installer from Play Store as well.
- Now launch Twitter APK and select APK Mirror Installer as the installation medium. The older version of Twitter will now be installed.
- Once done, go to Play Store, search Twitter, tap on the overflow icon, and uncheck Enable Auto Update.
That’s it. These were the steps to fix the issue of being unable to open images in Twitter DM. As far as the official stance on this matter is concerned, the developers are yet to acknowledge this issue, let alone give out any ETA for the rollout of a fix. As and when any of these two things happen, we will update this guide accordingly. In the meantime, the aforementioned workarounds are your best bet.
- Bring Back the DM shortcut icon on User Profile on Twitter [Video]
- Like Tweet button missing from Twitter iOS App: How to Fix
- Twitter Enter a Valid Phone Number/Unsupported Number Bug [Fix]
- Twitter Two Factor Authentication not working [Fix]