In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the issue of being unable to drag and drop Stickers in iMessage on an iPad. While the latest bump to the iPadOS 16 update hasn’t bought in any noteworthy goodies but it sure iron out underlying issues, enhances the performance, and improves the overall system stability. On the flip side though, a few bugs seem to have crept in as well.
One among them is the fact that users are now no longer able to drag and drop Stickers in iMessage on their iPad. Tapping on that sticker will send it to the message typing field, but the dragging functionality is currently not working. If you are also currently getting bugged with this issue, then this guide will make you aware of a nifty workaround to rectify this problem. Follow along.
Fix Cannot Drag and Drop Stickers in iMessage on iPad
The culprit behind this issue is the Stage Manager. So to rectify it, you will have to disable this feature [and reset all settings, in some cases]. Here’s how it could be done:
- Swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen to bring up Control Center.
- Then tap on Stage Manager to disable it and check if it fixes the underlying issue.
- If the bug is still there, then you will have to reset all the settings on your iPad.
- For that, go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Reset All Settings.
That’s it. This should fix the issue of drag and drop Stickers not working in iMessage on iPad. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Facebook Messenger not working with iOS 16/iPadOS 16 [Fix]
- iPadOS 16.1 Dock Folder Background Blur Fix
- Why are External Display Support options missing in iPadOS 16?
- Safari Crashing with Stage Manager in iPadOS 16: How to Fix