In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the issue of the Apple TV Siri IR Remote not working. Apple TV has made making quite impressive progress as of late. Its latest fourth iteration comes with 4K support and is the first in this lineup to run the in-house OS. Although there are no integrated controls, you could easily control it via the Apple Remote or the Siri Remote.
However, as of now, both these devices seem to be bugged with quite a few issues. Recently, we covered how the Apple TV remote was unable to control the volume. And now something similar is plaguing its counterpart as well. Numerous users have voiced their concern that the Apple TV Siri IR Remote is not working along the expected lines.
As a result of which, users are unable to control the volume via Voie Command/IR. All these issues seem to have crept in alongside the latest buggy update version tvOS 15.6 rolled out by the developers. So if you are also currently facing these problems, then this guide shall help you out. Follow along for the fix.
Fix Apple TV Siri IR Remote not working
While the issue is no doubt quite infuriating, to say the least, the ix is fairly simple. All that you need to do is just restart the remote, using the hardware key combinations given below.
- To begin with, press and hold the Volume Down and TV/Control Center button for about 5 seconds.
- Make sure to keep them pressed until the status light on Apple TV turns off and then turns on again.
- Once that happens, release the buttons. A Connection Lost notification will appear on your TV screen.
- Then as soon as your remote restarts, a Connected notification should appear on your TV. That’s it.
This should fix the issue of the Apple TV Siri IR Remote not working. As far as the official stance on this matter is concerned, the developers are yet to acknowledge this issue, let alone give out any ETA for the rollout of a fix. As and when any of these two things happen, we will update this guide accordingly. In the meantime, the aforementioned workaround is your best bet.
- Apple TV remote volume control not working: How to Fix(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Apple TV App Not Working in Sky Q/Sky+ HD: How to Fix
- Apple TV 3 Activation Failed error: AirPlay not working [Fixed]
- Fix Apple TV app not working on Roku: Video not available error