In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the issue of Volume Control not working on the Apple TV remote. This digital media player from the Cupertino giant is quite popular among everyday users. Its last iteration is the 4K 2nd generation variant which is still going strong to this date. Plus its underlying tvOS is worthy of praise as well.
What isn’t is the slew of issues that it gets bugged with at regular intervals. As of now, various users have voiced their concern that the Volume Control is not working on their Apple TV remote. Apart from that, some have even reported that the up/down arrows, as well as the touchpad, aren’t working along the expected lines either.
Adding more to the misery, Siri isn’t responding to any Volume commands as well. All these issues seem to have happened right after the latest tvOS 15.6 update released by Apple. So if you are also getting bugged with these problems, then this guide shall help you rectify them. Follow along for the fixes.
Fix Apple TV remote volume control not working
While the issue is no doubt quite infuriating, to say the least, the ix is fairly simple. All that you need to do is just restart the remote, using the hardware key combinations given below.
- To begin with, press and hold the Volume Down and TV/Control Center button for about 5 seconds.
- make sure to keep them pressed until the status light on Apple TV turns off and then turns on again.
- Once that happens, release the buttons. A Connection Lost notification will appear on your TV screen.
- Then as soon as your remote restarts, a Connected notification should appear on your TV. That’s it.
This should fix the issue of Volume Control not working on the Apple TV remote. As far as the official stance on this matter is concerned, the developers are yet to acknowledge this issue, let alone give out any ETA for the rollout of a fix. As and when any of these two things happen, we will update this guide accordingly. In the meantime, the aforementioned workaround is your best bet.
- Apple TV App Not Working in Sky Q/Sky+ HD: How to Fix
- Apple TV 3 Activation Failed error: AirPlay not working [Fixed]
- Fix Apple TV app not working on Roku: Video not available error
- Twitch App Crashing on Fire TV, Xbox, PlayStation, Smart TVs: How to Fix