In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the issue of the Apple TV remote not working with Sonos after the tvOS 16.1 update. This 4k streaming device from the Cupertino giant has quickly upscaled the popularity charts and has become the go-to choice for numerous users, thanks to the plethora of nifty features that it beholds. Moreover, the fact that it gets blessed with updates at frequent intervals adds more charm to its rich arsenal.
However, in spite of all the goodies that it has to offer, it isn’t free from its fair share of issues either. As of now, numerous users have voiced their concern that their Apple TV remote is not working with Sonos after the tvOS 16.1 update. Initially, a few issues were also reported after the tvOS 16 update, which only multiplied with the next bump in the OS version. With that said, there does exist a nifty workaround that shall help you rectify this bug. So without further ado, let’s check it out.
Fix Apple TV remote not working with Sonos after tvOS 16.1
In order to resolve this issue, you just need to restart your Apple TV remote. Here’s how it could be done:
- Press and hold the TV button and the Volume Down button for 5 seconds.
- Release the keys once you see the status light on your Apple TV turn off and on.
- Wait for around 10 seconds till your remote restarts and gets connected to your TV.
That’s it. This should fix the issue of the Apple TV remote not working with Sonos after the tvOS 16.1 update. As far as the official stance on this matter is concerned, the developers are yet to acknowledge this issue, let alone give out any ETA for the rollout of a fix. As and when any of these two things happen, we will update this guide accordingly. In the meantime, the aforementioned workaround is your best bet.
- Cannot select Subtitles button using Control Center Apple TV remote [Fix]
- Plex Live TV streaming not working on Apple TV: How to Fix
- Apple TV Siri Remote not working: How to Fix
- Apple TV remote volume control not working: How to Fix