In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the issue of Apple Magic Mouse & Keyboard lag after the macOS Monterey 12.6 update. The Cupertino giant had recently rolled out the macOS 12.6 and Safari 16 updates and unfortunately, both seem to have been bugged with a few issues. As far as the browser is concerned, it is unable to load multiple tabs and Google Maps website is also not working.
Then if we turn our attention toward the OS, the update ended up messing the WiFi connection. And now, many users have voiced their concern that their Apple Magic Mouse/Keyboard/trackpad is lagging quite a lot after the latest macOS Monterey 12.6 update. So much so that it has literally made the device unusable. If you are also getting bugged with this issue, then this guide shall help you out. Follow along.
Fix Apple Magic Mouse & Keyboard Lags after macOS Monterey 12.6 Update
The fix is relatively simple – all that you need to do is unpair and then re-pair the affected device. Here’s how it could be done:
- To begin with, open System Preferences and go to Bluetooth.
- Then select the affected device, right-click on it, and select Remove.
- Now restart the affected device and it will be visible in the Mac’s Bluetooth menu.
- Select it and proceed with the on-screen instructions to pair it.
That’s it. This should fix the issue of Apple Magic Mouse & Keyboard lag after the macOS Monterey 12.6 update. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Connect and Use Apple Magic Mouse in Windows 10/11
- Apple Magic Mouse not working: How to Fix
- Apple Magic Mouse Scroll not working in Windows 10/11 [Fixed]
- Mac Keyboard is Not Working: How to Fix